When you have McAfee installing software on your device, you may receive a message of McAfee Error 1406, then don’t worry about it. This error indicates that the Installation fails on a 64-bit system. The causes of getting this run time error are due to the incomplete installation or Corrupt download of McAfee Antivirus software, Corruption in Windows registry, damaged and corrupted file, or sometimes persists when someone tries to install a piece of software. Well, you can easily troubleshoot McAfee Error 1406 when Installing Software; and you need to follow some procedures.
Methods to Fix McAfee Error 1406 when Installing Software
Method1: Running Your Software Application as Administrator
- First, you must try to run the application using as Administrator.
- Then go to the download folder where you save your downloaded files, or open that application .exe file of McAfee antivirus software.
- Right click on the McAfee application .exe file.
- Then, click on the Run as administrator option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the antivirus software and see the error resolved.
- If this method does not works then go to method 2.
Method2: Execute a Clean Boot
You should try to execute a clean boot and re-install the software in the following way.
For Windows Vista, XP, and 7
- First, log into your device by entering all the credentials of the Administrators.
- Click on the Start button and then type the “msconfig.exe” in the Search box, and then press on the Enter button.
- Click on the general tab and Choose the option of “Selective start-up” option, and then the option to clear the start-up items.
- Click on the Services tab and then click on the option of Hide all Microsoft services option, and press on the Disable all option.
- Now tap on the OK button and then on the Restart button.
Method3: Provide Complete Permission to Software
Often, software doesn’t access full permission to complete setup steps. To give the permission you have to troubleshoot McAfee Error 1406
- On your device, Go to the Search box and enter Regedit. Press on Enter button.
- When the Registry Editor opens, Go to the left side to view a list of the locations provided in the error status bar.
- Look for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\…
- After finding the final location, right click on the folder which is present in the left side list, and press on the Permission tab.
- Select the “Administrators group” and then under it choose the “Allow Checkbox” in front of Full Control.
- Select the option of “SYSTEM” group and check that “Full Control” is chosen under the “Allow column”.
- In the Permissions dialog box, click on the advanced tab.
- Press on the Permissions tab, and then choose the option of Replace.
- Click on the Ok button and close the entire window.
- Try to re-install the software again.
If the error code still persists, then reboot your device and retry the installation process.
Contact Us at McAfee Antivirus Customer Support Number to Get Help 24×7
If you have any queries or doubts related to McAfee Antivirus, you could connect with our team of the certified McAfee Antivirus technician by dialing at our McAfee Antivirus Customer Support number which is available 24×7/365 days for your help. Our certified and expert professional will give you prompt technical solutions and support to all types of McAfee Antivirus issues/errors.
John Woods is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for McAfee products at www.mcafee.com/activate or mcafee.com/activate .